Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Melanie’s Boho Bride Inspiration

Cacti-Wedding-Tablescape

Photo & styling by Danae Horst for Justina Blakeney x Wedding Paper Divas

Hi y’all, it’s Melanie! I’m getting married this fall which means we’re in full on planning mode. Most of our big decisions (date, location and vendors) have been made and now we’re in the process of planning out the smaller details!

I’ve never been the type of bride that’s, “always known what my wedding would be like”. The biggest thing for me is to have our wedding truly reflect who my soon-to-be-hubby and I are; if that means doing things a little non-traditionally, then boom, that’s what we’re going to do! We’re a pretty laid back couple and that’s the vibe we want for our wedding; BBQ for my southern roots, craft beer for the soon-to-be hubs, and of course, tasty wine.

We found a pretty cool private garden for our ceremony and a ginormous private park space for the reception (all on the same grounds!). Since the entire wedding is outdoors, we won’t need much décor, just a few things to personalize the space!

Luckily, one of my jobs at The Jungalow is to scour the Internet for gorgeous and unique goodies. Through my daily searches, I’ve come across some pretty fabulous pieces that can double as wedding and home decor!

For a little boho bride inspiration take a peek at (and shop from) my board below!

Decor Inspiration

I totally wish I had a blank wall to play with, because that oversized kilim rug and gorgeous handmade macrame piece would definitely be hanging up somewhere at our wedding! Guess I’ll just have to buy myself a wedding present! By the way, that Etsy shop makes macrame chuppahs too!!

As I decorate, I’m trying to keep things simple and use the same elements as I would for my house or a dinner party (colorful napkins, runners and unique vases).

Since flowers can be crazy expensive, I’m all in for swapping out blooms for plants. Airplants and succulent planters make for great table and bar decor. I can usually find cool plants, planters and textiles on Etsy and eBay.

Fashion Inspiration

How beautiful is that tassel-lined dress or blush toned flowy number?! I would totally rock both of these to my rehearsal dinner and ceremony (I’m a big fan of the non-white wedding dress look – gasp!). I tend to lean towards comfort and simplicity with my clothes, which won’t change on my wedding day! I think a simple flowy dress mixed with a blingy hairpiece and earrings makes for the perfect boho bride. P.S: There’s no written rule that says you have to wear heels right?

Invitation Inspiration 

Ever since the day we shot Justina’s line of invitations I knew I’d be using them for my festivities! They are the perfect combo of chic and fun. My favorite part of the collection are the patterned envelope liners! You can check them out at Wedding Paper Divas.

Happy Planning!

*Also, I would love to hear your thoughts on an unplugged ceremony! Has anyone been a part of one or enforced this?

Post by Melanie Stephens for The Jungalow. For more Melanie, find her on Instagram.  



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/1XBamXb

No comments:

Post a Comment