Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A She-Shed with Santa Margherita

This post was created in partnership with Santa Margherita Wines.
santa-marg-she-shed-inspo

Summer is here, and here at The Jungalow, summer is kinda our season. While we can get behind woolly winters, sprouting springtime and the romance of fall, summer is where we find shelter under shady palms, party with a glass of Pinot Grigio, soak up pink sunsets from sandy shores and take time to hang with friends in the most relaxing season of all.

This summer is gearing up to be especially fun as I team up with Santa Margherita Wines to help design a She Shed together with you all, my dear readers, that will come to life with a big end-of-summer bash. You can see my inspiration board above. I’ve designed a lot of relaxing spaces over the years, but the idea of designing a space specifically for summer soirees with my girls, well, it’s all pretty dreamy. While choosing the items that will potentially fill the space, I thought about a place that married the indoors with the outdoors, that had a modern, kinda neutral base palette with which to layer color, pattern and plants on (like we do…). I also thought about the kind of space I’d want for a She Shed of my own — a place to lounge and read a book, have a glass of wine with friends, listen to Brazilian Jazz, barefoot, braless, with my hair down — feel me?

She Shed-13275-web

So here’s how it will work. Every week, we’ll be hosting giveaways on Santa Margherita’s Facebook page. By voting on your favorite pieces (like hammocks, seating, pillows, wine glasses, etc.), you will simultaneously help decide what goes into the She Shed and also enter to win rad giveaways such as Santa Margherita-inspired summer picnic baskets and a $5000 grand prize. And wait…there’s more. One of the (many!) reasons I was excited about this partnership is because, not only does Santa Margherita make my favorite Pinot Grigio (you know I lived in Italy for a million years and love all things classic Italian!) but their commitment to eco-sustainability is real–they don’t just talk the talk, they also walk the walk. So on top of all of the giveaways and festivities, there is also and added component — we’ve partnered with Recycle Across America (RAA) for this project. The She Shed structure will be completely made out of reclaimed wood and recycled materials, and all of the items in the She Shed will be auctioned off at the event with all proceeds going back to RAA.

Since a great Prosecco, recycling (and upcycling) and designing relaxing spaces are seriously some of my favorite things in the whole world, I could not be more excited about this partnership. Head over to the Santa Margherita Wines Facebook page to cast your vote for the first item, and keep your eyes peeled to the Jungalow Instagram each Wednesday as we announce more items to vote on in the coming weeks.

This post was created in partnership with Santa Margherita Wines.
No Purchase Necessary. Open to U.S. & D.C. residents, 21+. Ends 8/12/16 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
For official rules, please visit Santa Margherita Wines on Facebook.



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/28NQnzu

No comments:

Post a Comment