Friday, April 7, 2017

Living with LES

meal-to-room-the-jungalow-4

Don’t worry. I haven’t gone all Marie Kondo on you all (in case you can’t tell by how maximal this room is!!) Nor have I forgotten to spellcheck the title of this post. The LES is the name of one of my new sofas from my collection with Jonathan Louis. I named it the LES as an homage to my couch-surfing days in the Lower-East-Side of Manhattan when I moved to NYC after Italy. When Dabito was in town a couple of weeks ago we had a chance to shoot the sofa collection in true jungalicous fashion.

meal-to-room-the-jungalow-3

The sofas are made here in Los Angeles. I’ve been going over to factory about every other week to work with the creative team over there developing the line. It’s pretty amazing how they are able to change things on the spot to fit with my vision for the piece. For example, on one visit I had the put a little more curve in the arm so that it didn’t feel too boxy.

meal-to-room-the-jungalow-5

We did this room up (in our studio) in true jungalicious fashion with a healthy dose of color, pattern and plants. It’s really fun for me to start and see all of my collections colliding and seeing how the rugs play with the sofas and the accessories. #goals. I have butterflies.

meal-to-room-the-jungalow-8

Fave plant of the mo’ is ye here Calathea. The stripes just get me.

meal-to-room-the-jungalow-7

Truth be told I was going to have this sofa in my living room. But after about two hours of sweating our booties off attempting to get in into my house, I had to resign myself to the fact that it wasn’t going to fit in through the doors. My house was built in 1926 and all the entry-points are super tiny. We got the other sofa in my removing the legs, but because these legs aren’t removable I now have the day bed and the chair portion in my living room and the sofa remained here at The Junaglow HQ. I was bummed at first but now that I’ve been living with the daybed and the chair at home for a few weeks they are working out great and take up less space in our very, very small living room — so alls well that ends well.

meal-to-room-the-jungalow-1-2

One really super amazing this about the sofa is that it retails for around $1000. I’ve worked really (really!) hard to try and keep the price-points of my stuff chill. My barometer is if I would spend that much on it, then we’re good. I think $1000 for this sofa is a total steal. If you wanna go sit on it and see what it’s like, you can contact Jonathan Louis to find a retailer that carries it in your ‘hood.

LES-get-the-look

And of course, here’s a little Get The Look. Wishing you all a jungalicious weekend!! xx ~J

Kahelo Rug  |Najma Pillow | Moccan Kilim Pillow | Ayo Sun Mirror | Isara Rug (for wall hanging) | Cut-out Tiger Rug | Bentwood Hanging planters | Rattan Screen | Tonga Carved Wooden Stool

#JBxJL



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/2o6i9Oi

No comments:

Post a Comment