Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Get the look: The Miller House

I have long since been an admirer of designer Alexander Girard’s work, but until doing a bit of research on him in anticipation of an upcoming trip to Sante Fe (where Gerard lived), I had no idea that he and I had so much in common.  He was born in the US but was raised in Florence, Italy (where I lived for seven years!). He was an (incredible!!) textile designer, but also designed furniture, interiors, decorative objects– and all kinds of things, really. He loved to use bright colors and layered patterns, collected folk art from around the world, and had a thing for niches (just like me!). For today’s post I thought I’d do a little get-the look of the Miller House and Gardens in Columbus, IN. The home was designed by Eero Saarinen but Gerard worked with Saarinen on the interiors, filling the home with a heavy dose of eye-candy. No, we all don’t have a sunken living room pits, but we can take cues from the bold mix of textiles, colrs and pattern. Normally, I wouldn’t pair red with brass/gold but I’m loving the bold look here!!

All these vintage goodies can be found on our partner site, Chairish.  Shop these finds and all my other vintage discoveries on my Chairish Favorites page.

Top Image via @Wondervalley on Instagram 



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/2tgbd2Q

No comments:

Post a Comment