Thursday, July 13, 2017

Color Inspiration: Tulum













One of things that I found the most relaxing about our recent trip to Tulum, Mexico was the color palette! Even though the trip was a mix of work and play, it felt like a vacation for my eyes to be surrounded by these gorgeously beachy, weathered colors. So much of the architecture is done in plaster and it creates a chalky look to the surfaces that I adore. Combine that with incredible colors of the natural surroundings: the crystal clear turquoise waters at the beach, the soft sands, the deep greens of the palms and other plants of the jungle. It was truly mesmerizing.

I’ve pulled some of my favorite colors inspired by the trip and selected some correlated paint colors (not all are exact — just a similar match that I eye-balled). To get the Tulum look / vibe, most of the colors  I’ve picked are  from Portola Paints, a local L.A. paint company that specializes in finishes like limewash a ‘roman clay’ that have a more chalky look to them. .

  1. MARE ISLAND / Portola Paint
  2. WISHING WELL / Portola Paints
  3.  CARMINE / Portola Paints
  4.  El COYOTE / Portola Paints
  5.  SWEETWATER / Portola Paints
  6. SPEAKEASY / Portola Paints
  7. VERY GREEN / Benjamin Moore
  8. ONE LOVE / Portola Paints
  9. SHASTA DAISY / Portola Paints


from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/2sUSsC6

No comments:

Post a Comment