Monday, October 10, 2016

Collision Chronicles: Hit while walking bike at NE 47th and Broadway

This happened Friday, September 9th to reader L.W.:

Last Friday I was riding to a medical appointment and had dismounted my bike at Northeast 47th and Broadway waiting for the cross traffic to clear. Entered the intersection on the foot walking my bike when an oncoming van/truck with left turn indicator on entered the intersection and hit me.

Thank goodness I was on foot and I was able to jump back although was still injured. The driver would not have stopped except I dropped my bike and ran after him to get information to follow up. He was yelling at me because I was not “in a marked crosswalk” and I cited him the Oregon law as he had California plates and didn’t think I had the right-of-way on foot.

Not sure what is going on here but the traffic/bicyclists/pedestrian issue has really come to a head…

I just got the release from my medical practitioner so I will be submitting on my out-of-pocket costs to the company and hopefully they will compensate me so I don’t have to take them to court.

I’m not asking for pain and suffering or lost work time – just my medical expenses and bike repair. Probably should but it’s more hassle than it’s worth.

The post Collision Chronicles: Hit while walking bike at NE 47th and Broadway appeared first on BikePortland.org.



from BikePortland.org http://ift.tt/2dfCwEM

No comments:

Post a Comment