Thursday, October 13, 2016

New Rose Bowl Scores

jb-home-1-2

I made it to the Rosebowl Flea Market over the weekend. I had some luck this time around and found some serious Jungalow goodness that I’m super excited about. First of all, this Paul Bellardo sun sculpture. I’ve been a long time fan of Bellardo’s work and had seen this exact sculpture many times (online and IRL) in ceramic (you may remember the one from this post a few years back).  My new logo is loosely based on the design so when I saw the real thing in brass at the flea I had to go for it even though it cost me a small fortune. (How pretty does it look sitting next to my new armchair for Jonathan Louis!?! (it’s coming soon!).

jb-home-2

Next serendipitous find was the ‘baby’ Ndebele fertility doll that I found to totally complete my collection. Ida is completely obsessed with the dolls so I was thrilled to find a little one. When I got home from work last night it was ‘sleeping’ in her bed. So cute.

jb-home-5

jb-home-6

Lastly I found this cactus painting in these really soft pastel colors, and that rounded green vintage planter to match. So pretty huh? It had been a minute since I’d braved it to the flea and I have to say, it was really fun. Did you brave the flea this past weekend? Any good finds?

 



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/2dfi5F3

No comments:

Post a Comment