Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Sunset Magazine!!

Justina Blakeney on the cover of Sunset Magazine, September 2016 issue

You may remember a couple of months ago when I was looking for a dress for a photoshoot and had a very hard time finding anything that fit me.  It was for this photoshoot for the cover of Sunset Magazine. Truly one of my favorite magazines and I couldn’t be more honored to be on the cover of the September issue. It’s pretty bananas. This is most definitely a bucket list check mark situation.  The stylist on the shoot found this dress, by Rachel Pally, that I absolutely adore and it’s really amazing to walk into my local supermarket and see myself on the cover of one of my favorite magazines. Seriously though. I’m freaking out.

With the help of prop and plant stylists Merisa Libbey, and Folia Collective, we got a whole bunch of plants from Mickey’s Plants (such a great nursery, you should really go if you are in need of houseplants…) and styled up my patio with pieces from my new collection with Selamat (which is coming very soon!!).

Justina Blakeney in Sunset Magazine

We also totally decked out my little patio area. I had all the cushions recovered in this pretty suzani-style fabric that I found at the fashion district downtown and scattered Moroccan tables everywhere. Hanging the large pendant lamp in the center was the icing on the cake. :)

When I took Ida to the pharmacy to get some cough syrup yesterday and she saw the cover at the checkout stand and pointed and yelled “That’s my mama” it was one of my proudest moments. Getting teary-eyed just thinking about it. <3 Thanks Sunset.

A huge, heartfelt thanks goes out to the whole team at Sunset, especially to Thomas Story, the photographer, Maili Coyote, the creative director, editor Joanna Linberg, Irene Edwards, the EIC,  and to Melissa Goldstein for writing such a great article. Also props to Tami K. Shirey for my hair and makeup,  and Megan Kelly for my wardrobe! You can pick up the issue in stores all over The West or subscribe to Sunset right here. Holla!!

 



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/2bzIkFb

No comments:

Post a Comment