Monday, August 20, 2018

Mood Board Mondays: Bold, happy brights

I often get asked where my inspiration comes from. It’s always a difficult question to answer because most of the time I feel that inspiration comes almost as if by magic, or simply by virtue of observing and mentally taking notes of what’s around me all the time. I do, however often find that it’s one tiny object that creates the first spark: a color, a surface pattern, a material, a texture or patina. That may be one reason why I’m excited for this new column, Mood board Mondays. This will be a time to take some small things that have been inspiring me lately: a swatch of fabric, a ribbon, a tile, a thread…and see what kind of interiors can come from these explorations.

First up, this sunny mood board, bursting in shades of gold, persimmon, brass, copper and both dusty and bright pinks! Let’s see what comes from this colorful collection.

Mood Board Sources

Yellow Star tile / Fireclay tile

Dabito, Confetti

Om, Confetti

Pineapple hook

Embroidered Trim 

Feather magnifying glass (similar)

…and here it is!

Using the board as a jumping off place, I pulled together this room design — and its’ so fun to see this come to life as the color palette, the mixed metals and interpretation of the different motifs are something I never would have come up with without doing the mood board first. I’m excited to see these mood boards come to life and see what inspiration comes from a simple jumping off place!

Room Sources

Sofa 

Yellow Star lamp 

Kilim Rug 

Pillow in Dabito Confetti 

Pillow in Om, Confetti

Paint color, Navajo White by Banjamin Moore

Pineapple lamp

Brutalist Style Copper Coffee table. 

Copper side tables

Emuna Mirror

Yellow chairs



from Jungalow https://ift.tt/2PobFaM

No comments:

Post a Comment