Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Our furniture collection is here! Justina X Selamat

JustinaXSelamat-2 JustinaXSelamat-12 JustinaXSelamat-11 JustinaXSelamat-16 JustinaXSelamat-8 JustinaXSelamat-25 JustinaXSelamat-40 JustinaXSelamat-4

Over the past year I’ve talked a bit about my new furniture line with Selamat Designs. They are a family-owned San Francisco design company that uses sustainable timbers and easily renewable resources, like rattan, to make really beautiful furniture. Our collection was a great learning experience for me. I learned a TON about materials, engineering and functionality from their team and am seriously so proud of the collection that we developed together. My original vision for the collection were pieces that felt like design classics that have a modern/boho twist. The pieces are mostly in natural/neutral colors so that they will be the perfect framework to add layers of color and pattern on top of to create that maximal boho vibe I love.

Here on the blog, I’ve shared some of the details of the making of the Zahra Peacock Chair. Over on the JustinaBlakeneyHome instagram, you can find a peek behind the curtain and check out some of my original renderings for the collection, like the Bette and Arthur planters (named after my grandparents) and the original drawings for the Lucia Mod seating.

just7ina-blakeney-X-Selamat

And today, after almost two years of design and development, I am over-the-moon excited that our collection is available for purchase! Currently, you can find the collection online at Lulu and Georgia and Candelabra. The above collage is a selection from the 37-piece collection.

We took these photos of the collection at the sweetest little airbnb ever, Bungalow and Breakfast in Venice. Photos snapped by my amazing BFF Dabito. A huge thanks goes out to Shannon, Thatcher, Jessica and the Selamat family as well as Jesenia, Kim, Danae and my team and family for helping to bring this collection to life. 



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/2kMzWIj

No comments:

Post a Comment