Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Inspired here: Monterosso Sul Mare

CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-2

During the long weekend I had a chance to catch up with family and friends all of whom asked me how my trip to Europe was. It was then that I realized that I dove head first so fast back into my L.A. life when I got home that I’d completely forgotten post some of my favorite snaps from the trip. The above pic was the kitchen at our AirBnB in Monterosso. Love that marble sink situation.

CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-3 CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-4

Before the trip I invested in a new camera — I got this Sony which was amazing because it’s so much lighter than my Canon 5D that I normally shoot with. I went on a walk around Monterosso when we first got there and just messed around with my new mirrorless camera, getting to know it a little bit. I’m still getting used to it but it was great to be able to take a much more portable camera on the trip.

CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-5

How amazing are these colors and how they contrast one another?

CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-6
I love all the old hardware and details around the village — look how pretty the street sconces are!
CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-7 CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-8 CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-9 CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-10 CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-11  CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-13
Of course all of the botanicals on blush had me snapping for days…

CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-15
and all the pots of flowers dotted around town…CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-17  CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-19 CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-20 CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-21
CINQUE-TERRE-BY-JUSTINA-BLAKENEY-14

The colors in Monterosso, all weathered by the sea, really inspire me. I would love to somehow bring that look into the walls of our home. Perhaps on my next round of wallpaper designs, huh? Or maybe I’ll  blow up a couple of these photos and hang them on our walls? Vedremo…Ciao for now!



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/29ubWIO

No comments:

Post a Comment