Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Family time starts in the kitchen

This post was created in partnership with Café Appliances.

One thing I remember saying to Jason when I was pregnant was that once baby was out in the world, I wanted to start a new habit of having family dinners. Before Ida came along, Jason and I would eat in front of the T.V. or just grab a little something and do our own thing for dinner, but I grew up with dinner being family check-in time. My mom would cook an amazing meal (my faves of hers to this day are stuffed cabbage and Matzo Ball soup) and we’d sit around our round kitchen table to share a meal, connect and unwind, and I really wanted that for my little family too.

Ida is six now, and we’ve done a pretty good job of maintaining that habit, but we eat out and order in a lot more than I would like. Jason does a fair amount of the cooking, but both of us want to cook more, and we’ve noticed a big change in how often we cook and eat at home since getting our new @CafeAppliances. Last month I talked a bit about our Café dishwasher and microwave oven, and today I’m gonna share a bit about our pretty new refrigerator.

First of all, she’s a real looker. I mean, if refrigerators had beauty influencers, she would def be one, don’t you think? I customized the hardware to get the Brushed Copper handles so that the hardware matches the other finishes in my kitchen (they also offer Brushed Bronze, Brushed Black and Brushed Stainless, and the fridge itself comes in Matte Black too). I LOVE the Matte White — we haven’t had to deal with greasy little fingerprints as much and the matte looks more in tune with the modern-rustic vibes in our kitchen and is totally #DistinctByDesign. The French door is great for small spaces and who doesn’t love a bottom-freezer?!?

Another upgrade? This refrigerator has a water and ice dispenser that handles hot and cold water, as well as crushed ice and regular cubes. I really like that the bottom tray on the dispenser has a ‘pull out’ feature so that larger items (like bowls for oatmeal or soups, or our handy dandy French press) can fit easily.  I haven’t tried this yet, but the dispenser also has ‘smart’ features so it connects to your phone and you can heat water up from bed. #goals.

Can’t judge a book by it’s cover though right? It’s what’s on the inside that counts! And there are certain features that this refrigerator has on the inside that make cooking a real pleasure. My favorite thing is that I feel like nothing gets lost in here. It’s a great size. Not too big and not too small. It holds the right amount of stuff but it’s really very easy to SEE everything which makes it easier to keep things clean and organized. There is no rotting bok choy in the veggie drawers, or funky moldy cheese in the cheese drawer simply because I can see everything at a glance, making cooking, or finding a quick snack more pleasurable. The humidity levels are perfect our fruits and veggies which are staying fresh and crisp. The freezer seems to freeze in a consistent way. Ice cream, for example, is not too hard, not too melty.

There are also little easter eggs like this drop-down tray if I find myself needing added storage.

It’s funny how a little upgrade to our home like a new refrigerator can make the whole process of cooking more pleasurable, thereby encouraging more family time, more healthy eating (not to mention saving, because eating out was one of our biggest ongoing expenses last year). I’ve always loved our kitchen but these new Café Appliances have really been inspiring me to cook more, the same way that a new work-out outfit can put a little pep in my step at the gym…and if you think the Café refrigerator is cool, just wait till you see our new stove next month!

To check out what some of the other ladies in the #CafeCollective are up to, head over to:

Imma @immaculatebites

Jess @jessannkirby

Sarah @sarahshermansamuel 

Denise @denisevasi

Michelle @hummingbirdhigh

Anissa @housesevendesign

Rochelle @iambeauticurve

Gretchen @gretchenblack

And check out Café Appliances on Pinterest!

This post was created in partnership with Café Appliances. All opinions are my own.

 



from Jungalow https://ift.tt/2IUm13b

No comments:

Post a Comment