Monday, March 27, 2017

The Jungalow Shop is here!

 

Justina-Blakeney-Jungalow-Shop

I don’t always do things in the conventional order: I was six months pregnant when Jason and I got hitched. I did my whole ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ thing and lived in Italy for seven years about a decade or two before I was due for a mid-life crisis. I started a design blog before I started actually practicing interior design. You get the picture. Sometimes I’m a little slow, and sometimes I’m fast — but in the end, my crazy way of doing things somehow ends up working out for me.

My unorthodox ways have brought me to this announcement today — after spending nearly a decade blogging, and the last several years designing home decor and furnishings, my team and I have finally opened up an online shop! It took me so long to do it for many reasons. The biggest reason was fear. I had a shop in my 20’s and it was a whole lotta work and no money. I wasn’t ready then. But I’m ready now and scrolling through the pages of the site I get pretty emotional because almost everything in the shop was imagined and designed and by my team and I. It’s almost like looking through a portfolio of our work for the past five years. It feels pretty amazing.

One of the most exciting parts of the shop for me is the print shop. I can’t tell you how many times people have asked me to sell prints of both my illustrations and photography and I always felt bad that I couldn’t get it togather to sell prints (and let’s face it, it’s not rocket science). Plus it brings me SO MUCH JOY to think that people around the world would want to hang my art on their walls. Seriously, I think this is such an incredible honor I feel almost queazy just typing it out. I am incredibly excited to finally be able to offer such high-quality prints, framed and unframed for your homes. Every month the offerings of the prints will change–almost like a rotating art exhibit. So the prints will be limited edition runs.

We are also carrying our wallpapers that we designed for Hygge and West, our rugs and pillows designed for Loloi, our furniture line with Selamat, and our hot-of-the-press bedding line as well.

So without further ado, please take a minute to peruse through our new shop! We will be adding more products and growing the site little by little and we can’t wait to hear your feedback and see how you incorporate our designs in your homes. Also, with the new shop comes a new hashtag! Use the tag #ThatJungalowLife on social to show us how you incorporate our designs in your home, and as usual, we will share our favorites with the community. For this week only, everyone who purchases something from our shop will be automatically entered to win one of two $250 Jungalow Shop Gift card. Winners will be randomly selected and announced here next Tuesday 3/27. (International entries welcome, but international shipping limited on certain items).

jungalow-shop

 

Now, at the risk of me sounding like I’m accepting an Emmy or something, I gotta thank my team for helping me to bring this shop to life with special thanks to Danae, Kristina, Caitlin and Elizabeth — You all worked SO HARD to make this happen. I am grateful for your positivity, your perseverance and your talents! Thank you! And to you all, my dear friends, thank you for your continued enthusiasm and encouragement of my creative endeavors. It means the world to me! Happy Springtime and happy jungalicious shopping! :D



from The Jungalow http://ift.tt/2nsXmGH

No comments:

Post a Comment