Thursday, April 11, 2019

Turfstone pavers for patio floors!?

As we gear up to redo our patio in preparation for the warmer months, I’m paying very close attention to the floors of the outdoors lately. Would I love to cover my whole patio in cement tile à la Moroccan Riad? Uh, yeah. But since I don’t have an extra 15K lying around, that ain’t happening. I’ve been on the look out for a more affordable solution, and while at LACMA a couple of weeks back, this turfstone caught my eye. You get the pattern punch a bit of green to boot. Installation is not as labor-intensive as tile is, and overall it’s a much more affordable solution.

And while I’ve never seen it done, I can imagine growing planties other than grass in the in-between spaces — like how cute would drought tolerant ice plants look in here for an area that gets less foot traffic? And while I’ve never seen them in other shapes besides squares or diamonds, wouldn’t it be neat to experiment with other shapes too and patterns? I’d love to see some turfstone pavers creating polka dots, or even more elaborate motifs! Wouldn’t that be fun?! What do you think? Do you like the idea of a patio floor covered in these pavers?

 

 



from Jungalow http://bit.ly/2P1HXZi

No comments:

Post a Comment